Let us help you get your data back! We offer a free diagnosis of your drive where we will tell you if the recovery will be covered under our Tier 1 service for $379, or if it will require a Tier 2 recovery at $779.
Our Data Recovery Tiers
We have 2 tiers of Data Recovery. Both tiers have a flat rate cost, and you don’t pay anything if we are not successful in recovering your data. We always start with a free diagnosis of the drive, then let you know what tier your drive falls into. The price for recovery does not include a good drive to move the data onto, so you can either buy one from us if we are successful in recovering your data (1TB start at $79), or you can provide your own drive for us to use to move the data onto.
Turnaround Time: 2-7 days on average
Tier 1 recovery includes drives that do not require us to open the cover of the drive for recovery. If your drive has not been dropped, there is an 80% chance that your recovery will be covered under our Tier 1 flat rate. Even if the drive is making clicking noises, not spinning up at all, or other symptoms that the internet says are recoveries requiring the cover to be opened, often times they are not!
Turnaround Time: 14 days on average
Tier 2 recoveries includes drives that require us to open the cover of the drive to recover the data. These are usually drives that have been dropped and have stopped working because of damaged heads or other internal issue. The increase in the price covers the donor drive required for parts as well as the difficulty of recovery being higher. The increase in the turnaround time covers the waiting for donor parts to arrive as well as the additional time needed to complete the recovery process.
The Recovery Process
1) Get the drive to us for our free diagnosis. If you would like to provide your own drive, be sure to include that so we have both available from the start.
a. Dropping off. If you are nearby one of our locations, you can drop it off during regular business hours without an appointment.
b. Mailing in. If dropping off isn’t an option for any reason, you can use the service available at the top of this page to checkout for a free diagnosis via Mail-in. You will have the option during checkout of having us send you a box with a prepaid label (for free!), just a return label via email (also free!), or if you would rather ship it in yourself using your own materials.
2) Wait for diagnostics results. Once the drive is received, we will complete our free diagnosis to determine if your drive is a Tier 1 or Tier 2 recovery. You will receive and email from us detailing the results of the diagnosis and requesting your approval to continue with the recovery.
3) Approved or denied. If you approve the recovery, we will continue with the recovery process and update you throughout. If you decide not to go with the recovery, there is no charge. You may pickup your drive when convenient, or we will ship your bad drive back to you at no charge.
4) Recovery Complete. Once the recovery is complete, we move the data to the transfer drive and send you an invoice for the total amount as agreed when the diagnosis was completed. You may pay via PayPal or any major credit card.
5) Payment Completed. Once payment is received we will send the drives back to you at no additional charge (or you may pickup). Note that we will store an encrypted image of the drive for 1 week, so be sure to backup all important data as soon as you receive the recovery.